Do not let the prospect of going through the shipping process discourage you from bidding.
We are experienced antique packers and shippers an have been mailing merchandise all over the world for 30 years.
- For packages and shipments under 80 lbs, we almost always use UPS Ground. We do not use DHL or Fed Ex. We find the overall service and dispatch process with UPS to be far more customer oriented and efficient therefore Boston Harbor Auctions is equipped to ship with UPS very easily. If any customer would like to use Fed Ex or DHL or another carrier they are welcome to do so with their account information. After we are reimbursed for the packing labor and materials, Boston Harbor Auctions will supply the client with the weight and dimensions of their parcel and the client can begin the dispatch process with their own carrier.
- For packages requiring freight carriage over 80 lbs, Boston Harbor Auctions uses UPS Freight.
- For *most* case displayed ship models going to *most* states in the continental US, Boston Harbor Auctions uses MacDonald Movers of of Bridgewater, Mass, an agent of United Van Lines. They have transported hundreds of ship models for us across the country for over 25 years.
- Boston Harbor Auctions also recommends MacDonald Movers for multi parcel deliveries. If you are furnishing an entire home, room, hotel or restaurant, we have the resource in MacDonald Movers to do the job. They have scheduled delivery times and bill of lading information that provides traceability with ease.
- We also use other air freight carriers for domestic packaged items larger than 80 lbs that might need extra handling.
- International Shipments are usually handled with an air freight carrier that we have used for over 20 years. If our client is able to pick up at a major, international airport, the costs of carriage can sometimes be considerably less than would be a door to door delivery.
- We DO NOT use the US Postal Service for domestic or international shipments.
After an auction, Boston Harbor Auctions is quite capable of packing and shipping your winning lots. However, we are not a packing house the way our local UPS Store is. Therefore, our timetable for getting your item out the door is not going to be as accurate as the UPS Store would be. If you have any expectation as to when your lots should arrive, then we suggest our bidders hire
- The UPS Store, 288 Grove St. #314, Braintree, Mass 02184 | (781) 356-8771
- MacDonald Movers of Bridgewater, Mass. 800-225-0394 | MacDonald Movers is an agent for United Van Lines
Details required to provide to any packing or delivery service are
- Your complete delivery address and contact phone number
- The weight and dimensions of all your items (we provide weight and dimensions on nearly every lot in our sales. Please refer to the catalog before contacting us for help).